Senior Professional in Human Resources International – SPHRi certification
This is a high-level globally recognized credential that attests that a professional has acquired a deep-rooted theoretical knowledge of and demonstrable mastery in the management of human resources. The SPHRi credential is awarded by the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) to professionals who meet certain experiential and educational criteria to qualify for the professional distinction.
SPHRi certification helps to propel the holders’ career forward by validating their superior- level knowledge, competency and command in the formulation and implementation of HR planning, strategy and policy in an international setting.
SPHRi Exam Requirements
The SPHRi exam is essentially based on professional-level experience and covers several areas of human resources to assess candidate’s knowledge and mastery of their field. To be eligible for the exam, you need to have the stipulated educational and work experience as well as demonstrate a command of your role in the field, including
- Demonstrating authority in the decision-making process
- Using discretion and independent judgment when performing duties related to the job
- Demonstrating profound and specialized knowledge of human resources
- On-the-job experience in gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data and results
- Taking accountability for outcomes
- Wide-ranging interaction with broad range of people, including key personnel
- Documented knowledge of local employment laws
Additionally, you must meet one of the following conditions for education and experience to qualify for the SPHRi exam:
- Have at least four years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a master’s degree or global equivalent
- Have at least five years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a bachelor’s degree or global equivalent, OR
- a minimum of seven years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a high school diploma or global equivalent
SPHRi certification is valid for three years from its award date; during which time, the certificate holders can acquire 60 recertification credits; or otherwise retake the exam.
Preparing For The SPHR Exam
SPHRi exam covers a broad range of HR job functions and responsibilities with topics varying across different subject areas as follows:
- Business Leadership 31%
- Talent Development and Management 27%
- HR Service Delivery 24%
- Measurement and Analysis 18%
The exam is aimed at testing the professional’s knowledge and expertise in the human resources domain, particularly those related to international-level strategic HR planning and policy-making. SPHRI exam consists of 105 scored multiple-choice questions and 25 pretest questions, which must be taken for 2 hours and 30 minutes at a pearson Vue testing center. SPHR exams are available throughout the year, and are scored on a scale of 100 to 700, with a score of 500 being the pass mark.
Earning Recertification Credit
To earn rectification credits, candidates are required to demonstrate commitment to continued learning and competence through any of the following ways:
- Attending conferences and seminars
- Acquiring on the job experience by volunteering your expertise, undertaking HR research or new programs, etc.
- Taking online courses offered by HRCI for the purpose of fulfilling credit recertification requirement
Clarion College is staunch in helping career focused individuals who have met the basic eligibility criteria to qualify for SPHRi certification through our most efficient and world-class training. Our training services are available online and offline for individuals who may want to learn at their own pace or in our suitably comfortable training centers in Lagos, Abuja or Port Harcourt.
During our training sessions, we provide our student with all the necessary study materials, review questions and provide solutions to all possible exam tricks, which give them the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to pass their exams at the first go.