1. Facility management is a profession that encompasses multiple disciplines to ensure functionality of the built environment by integrating people, place, process and technology.
2. Facility management is a professional management discipline focused upon the efficient and effective delivery of support services for the organizations that it serves. It serves to ensure the integration of people, systems, place, process, and technology.
Professional FM as an interdisciplinary business function has the objective to coordinate demand and supply of facilities and services within public and private organizations.
THE CORE COMPETENCIES OF FACILITY MANAGEMENT.
Clarionttech Services FM course covers these two main areas: ‘Space & Infrastructure’ (such as planning, design, workplace, construction, lease, occupancy, maintenance, furniture and cleaning) and ‘People & Organization’ (such as catering, ICT, HR, accounting, marketing, hospitality).
In 2009, a global job task analysis (GJTA) defined 11 core competencies. The GJTA included responses from facility managers in 62 countries. It is the most comprehensive to date and the first truly global survey and analysis. The core competencies are:
- Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity
- Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability
- Finance and Business
- Human Factors
- Leadership and Strategy
- Operations and Maintenance
- Project Management
- Real Estate and Property Management
NEED TO LEARN THE BASICS OF FACILITY MANAGEMENT?
Do you need a basic knowledge of facility management? Are you managing new employees who need facility management 101? The Essentials of Facility Management Program is for you!
The Essentials of Facility Management is a series of training workshops focusing on basic concepts that describe the field of facility management and how it can be of value to an organization. Entry-level FMs will learn:
- The facility manager’s role including the skill sets, knowledge and abilities required to effectively perform their work.
- Basic operation and maintenance concepts and practices.
- Tactical planning for scheduling and accomplishing daily FM tasks that support the operation of a facility.
For more information, CLICK HERE.