Contract management Course will reveal the best practices of contract management, which when applied effectively ,can ensure project success, speed performance, and reduce risks and costs along the way. Discover the keys to contracting from your perspective in this practical course.Get an overview of all phases of contracting, from requirements development to close-out. See how incentive can be used to improve contract results.Contract administration is a broad term used to describe management of the parties’ responsibilities in delivering contracts. At the core of each responsibility is the contract.
This course briefly reviews the formation and interpretation of contracts as the rules of engagement between parties embarking on a project. It then looks and the processes of administration and management of the contract throughout the course of a project.Furthermore, the course will provide the knowledge for developing practical procedures to deliver a streamlined contract administration process.
Participants will also review the crucial interface between the contract administrator’s role and responsibilities, and that of the project manager project management functions.Finally as claims processes are fundamental concepts in contract administration, the course examines the most common claims, with an emphasis on claims for variations and delays. The approach to dealing with delivery defects is also addressed.
Contract Management Course Key Learning Objectives
- Clarify the roles of the contract manager and contract administrator
- Understand key aspects of contracts: as a contract manager how to read, interpret and evaluate them
- Examine fundamental facets of contract administration and claims processes
- Appreciate the contractual issues surrounding variations, delays and defects; and develop procedures to effectively deal with these issues
- Ensure both contract administration and project management endeavours emphasise contract compliance throughout the delivery process
- Analyse key principles of effective document control, reporting and communication systems
- Discover cooperative negotiation and partnering skills for dispute avoidance and resolution