SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) (SHRM-SCP)
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification demonstrates HR professional’s prowess in strategy development, policy implementation, leadership in HR functions, performance metrics analysis and alignment of HR strategies to organizational goals.
The SHRM credential establishes that the HR professional has conceptual knowledge and experiential understanding coupled with HR functional, technical and behavioral competencies needed to drive organizational success.
SHRM certification has a complete focus on the knowledge, skills and competencies every HR professional needs to make a mark in today’s highly competitive and dynamic world of work. It provides you with the courage, ability and superior knowledge you need to demonstrate your HR expertise in different HR-related situations. SHRM certification validates that the HR professional possesses the knowledge requisite for assuming leadership roles in the organization and profession globally. It gives the holder the professional recognition, global relevance and flexibility he/she needs to achieve your career goals anywhere in the world. SHRM certification helps the HR professional stand out from other professionals, provides invaluable networking opportunities and increases the possibility of having a sharp pay raise.
SHRM exam questions cover the following topics
- Leadership – 13%
- Business – 18.5%
- Interpersonal – 18.5%
- People – 17%
- Organization 17%
- Workplace – 16%
SHRM CP and SHRM SCP exams contain knowledge-based questions which cover topics from 15 HR functional areas and 8 HR behavioral competencies; and situational judgment based questions which tests candidates’ ability to make good decision and sound judgement.
Both exams contain 30 field-test questions which are randomly mixed with scored questions. Field-test questions are not counted as part of candidate’s total exam score but are used for question development for future purposes only.
The SHRM CP and SHRM SCP exams are delivered by computer at a prometric testing center where candidates will be given 4 hours to answer 160 multiple choice questions, of which about 60 percent are knowledge-based questions and about 40 percent are situational judgment based questions.
Testing Time Breakdown:
- Candidate Confirmation Details: 2 minutes
- Introduction and Tutorial: 8 minutes
- Break (optional) – Up to 15 minutes
- Exam: 240 minutes (4 hours)
- Exam length: 160 multiple choice questions (95 knowledge items/65 situational judgment items)
- Survey: 5 minutes
SHRM exam for certification is available throughout the year.
Who Is Eligible?
All applicants must meet the stipulated educational and work experience requirements as outlined below at the time of submitting application to be eligible to take SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam.
SHRM-CP Eligibility Requirements:
- With less than a bachelor’s degree, 3 years in HR role for HR-related Program and 4 years in HR role for Non-HR Program.
- With bachelor’s degree, 1 year in HR role for HR-related Program and 2 year in HR role for Non-HR Program.
- With graduate degree, currently in HR Role for HR-related Program and 1 year in HR role for Non-HR Program.
SHRM-CP Eligibility Requirements:
- With less than a bachelor’s degree, 6 years in HR role for HR-related Program and 7 years in HR role for Non-HR Program.
- With bachelor’s degree, 4 year in HR role for HR-related Program and 5 year in HR role for Non-HR Program.
- With graduate degree, 3 years in HR role for HR-related Program and 4 years in HR role for Non-HR Program.
EXAM FEES SHRM MEMBER PRICE NON-MEMBER PRICE
Early-Bird Exam Fee $300 USD $400 USD
Standard Exam Fee $375 USD $475 USD
(*includes non-refundable $75 standard deadline fee) (*includes non-refundable $75 standard deadline fee)
Application Processing Fee (non-Refundable) $50 USD (Included in Exam Fees)
SHRM certification validity
SHRM credential is valid for only 3 years from the time of certification. To remain certified, you will need to earn 60 professional development credits within the 3 years of your re-certification period or retake the certification exam within the last year of the re-certification period.
No Reviews found for this course.