On completion of this course, students will be certified as safety officers and receive the General HSE certificate of competence.
The course will equip participants with general safety (HSE) knowledge and certify them as HSE competent. HSE certification is compulsory for anyone who desires to work in the oil and gas industry.
What will I study?
• Principles of health and safety
• Understanding the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
• Hazard identification and control
• The importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
• Understanding unsafe acts and unsafe conditions as the main causes of harm to workers(manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration)
• Understanding the hierarchy of controls to eliminate or reduce hazards to acceptable level
• Understanding the relations between companies and host communities
• Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety
• Contributing to health and safety management system
• Understanding the effects of drug and alcohol abuse in the workplace
• Introduction to occupational health and hygiene
• Appreciate the importance of accident investigation and reporting
• Understanding environmental issues and sustainable development
• Introduction to emergency first aid
• Multiple choice question paper
No Reviews found for this course.