Food Safety and Handling Course
Food safety is a scientific discipline describing handling, preparation, and storage of food in ways that prevent foodborne illness. This includes a number of routines that should be followed to avoid potential health hazards. In this way food safety often overlaps with food defense to prevent harm to consumers.
This course outlines the principles of food safety and provides learners with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to operate safely within food handling environments.
It is specifically for those employed or wishing to be employed in the catering and hospitality sector.
It is also better for every food manager hopeful to be updated in the latest principles in food safety management. This course, also, serves as a guide for those who are preparing for certification as a Food Safety Manager. This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
With this course, learners will be able to:
- Develop a better understanding of food safety, its importance, and those who enforce it.
- Describe the types of food-borne illness and causes.
- Discuss the types of biological, physical, and chemical contamination.
- Define temperature control.
- Recognize the importance of proper personal hygiene in the workplace.
- Identify cleaning, sanitation, and facility design.
- Food safety hazards
- Temperature control
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding
- Cooking, hot holding and reheating
- Food handling
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment
- Personal hygiene
- Multiple choice question paper
No Reviews found for this course.