Safe handling of chemical (SHOC), also known as Hazard Communication (HAZCOM), is compulsory not only for chemists but for everyone who will work or want to work close to corrosive substances. On completion of this course, students will be certified to safely work with harzardous chemicals.
Training Fee: N 45,000
There are no formal entry requirements; however, candidates should have a basic knowledge in Health and Safety matters prior to taking the course.
- Introduction to safe chemical handling
- Chemical handling hazard awareness
- signs of release and symptoms of exposure
- How and when to use engineering controls and personal protective equipment
- Labeling and storage requirements
- Understanding emergency procedures for spills and exposures
- Developing standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Disposal of hazardous chemicals
- Use of safety data sheet
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Emergency first aid