The mandatory Basic Safety Courses are compulsory for seafarers under Regulation VI and section A-VI of the STCW Convention.
It is considered as a minimum entry requirement for anyone who wishes to work onboard a ship or vessel.
However what you learn during the STCW basic safety training, could save your own life or that of a crew mate or guest.
COURSE DURATION – 5 DAYS
What will I study?
• Personal Survival Techniques (PST) (STCW A-VI/1-1)
• Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (Basic Fire Fighting) (STCW A-VI/1-2)
• First Aid / CPR (Basic First Aid) (STCW A-VI/1-3)
• Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (PSSR) (STCW A-VI/1-4)
• Proficiency in Security Awareness (STCW A-VI/6-1)
What are the entry requirements?
You must be up to 16 years of age, physically fit and able to swim