The Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) designation is a professional certification for business analysis practitioners who want to be recognized for their expertise and skills by earning formal recognition. with a minimum of 3750 hours of hands on business analysis experience, they have developed essential BA skills. Our aim is to make sure that you are ready for the CCBA exam and increase your odds of passing it on the first try. we can assure you a comprehensive workshop to prepare you for the certification of competency in Business Analysis exam. This course includes over 1000 sample exam questions and tips in order to make you ready and know what to expect.
CCBA recipients are recognized for the investment they have already made in their business analysis careers. Certification is beneficial to:
- indviduals with an ECBA desgination with the required work experience hours
- indivduals in the Business Analysis (BA) profession without a curent IIBA certification or certificate but meet the CCBA eligibility requirments
- Product owners/managers.
- Non-BA consultants.
- Hybrid Business Analysis professionals (those with other business titles but who also perform business analysis), including but not limited to:
- Project Managers (PMs),
- Quality Assurance (QA) personnel,
- Change Managers, and
This also includes professionals working in the role of
- Business analysis
- System analysis
- Requirement analysis or management
- process management
Benefits of CCBA Certification
Obtaining the CCBA includes demonstrating the required experience, knowledge and competencies of a qualified practitioner of business analysis according to requirements designated by IIBA.
Benefits to the individual may include:
- Competence in the principles and practices of business analysis as defined in the IIBA Guide to Competency-based Certification.
- Participation in a recognized professional group.
- Recognition of professional competence by professional peers and management.
- Advanced career potential due to recognition as a professional business analysis practitioner.
- Provides individuals with personal satisfaction of accomplishing a milestone in their BA careers.
- Improvement of overall performance.
- More market opportunities.
- Certification can improve overall performance, remove uncertainty and widen market opportunities.
- The process of achieving and maintaining certification helps ensure you are continually improving and refining your skills.
- Potentially higher income for being formally recognized as an experienced BA professional. For more details, view this recent salary survey.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the skills necessary to be an effective member of the business analysis community.
Benefits to the organization may include:
- Provides advancement and recognition opportunities for staff.
- Demonstrates to customers, competitors, suppliers, staff and investors that you use industry-standard business analysis practices.
- Demonstrates to your stakeholders that your business is run effectively.
- The regular assessment process will improve staff responsibility, commitment and motivation.
- Establishment and implementation of business analysis practices as outlined in the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) Guide by having staff recognized as being knowledgeable and skilled.
- More reliable, higher quality results produced with increased efficiency and consistency by BA professionals who use industry standard BA techniques.
- Identifies professional business analysts to clients and business partners.
- Demonstrates commitment to the field of business analysis, which is increasingly recognized as a vital component of any successful project.
Applying for Certification
To apply for the ECBA certificate, CCBA certification, or CBAP certification:
- Ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements for the exam you are taking.
- For CCBA or CBAP, determine two professional references that indicate suitability as an applicant for the Certification designation you are applying for.
NOTE: Your references are emailed a link to an endorsement form that they must complete. Your application remains in a PENDING state until your references provide all information AND it has been reviewed by IIBA.
- Complete the online application.
NOTE: The name on your IIBA profile MUST match the name on your identification.
- Once your application has been submitted, pay the application fee.
NOTE: The fee is not refundable.
Once payment has been received, an email is sent to you indicating that you have been “approved”, or “approved pending audit”.
NOTE: If your email indicates an “approved pending audit” status, this means your application will be audited within ONE month.
If your application is approved, you have a maximum of one (1) year from the date of the application approval email to pass the exam. It is your responsibility to ensure the application does not lapse. You may request for an application extension, only if you have an extenuating circumstance.