Change is a constant in many of our lives. All around us, technologies, processes, people, ideas, and methods often change, affecting the way we perform daily tasks and live our lives. This workshop will give any leader tools to implement changes more smoothly and to have those changes better accepted. This course will also give all participants an understanding of how change is implemented and some tools for managing their reactions to change.
Upon Course Completion you will:
- List the steps necessary for preparing a change strategy and building support for the change
- Describe the WIFM – the individual motivators for change
- Use needed components to develop a change management and communications plan, and to list implementation strategies
- Employ strategies for gathering data, addressing concerns and issues, evaluating options and adapting a change direction
- Utilize methods for leading change project status meetings, celebrating a successful change implementation, and sharing the results and benefits
- Describe the four states of Appreciative Inquiry, its purposes, and sample uses in case studies
- Use strategies for aligning people with a change, appealing to emotions and facts
- Describe the importance of resiliency and flexibility in the context of change.
The course includes the following topics: Preparing for change, Identifying the WIFM (what’s in it for me?), Understanding change, Leading and Managing the change, Gaining Support, Making it all worthwhile, Using Appreciative Inquiry, Bringing people to your side, Building Resilience, Building Flexibility.
Who should attend?
Managers, Team Leaders, Supervisors, Project Analysts and Project Managers
- Learning Objectives
- Defining your strategy
- Building the team
- Case Study