Business Analysis is the practice of enabling change in an organizational context, by defining needs and recommending solutions that deliver value to stakeholders. The set of tasks and techniques that are used to perform business analysis are defined in A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge®(BABOK®Guide).
An ECBA™ (Entry Certificate in Business Analysis™) is level one in the business analysis certification framework from the International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®).This level provides individuals with a certificate that recognizes individuals entering the field of business analysis.
The ECBA™ certificate is targeted at:
- Individuals entering the BA profession:
- Students enrolled in BA academic programs
- New graduates
- Professionals transitioning careers
- Functional managers who are not BAs but manage them
- No previous BA work experience required
- 21 hours of professional development in the last 4 years
- Agreement with the ECBA™ Code of Conduct.
The ECBA exam is a live web delivered exam that requires a desktop or laptop, a working webcam, and microphone.
In order to be admitted to the exam, please ensure that your IIBA profile name matches your government identification.
- The ECBA™ exam is 1 hour long and consists of 50 multiple choice questions. It is competency-based aligned to BABOK® Guide Version 3. Visit our BABOK® Guide webpage to acquire your copy or gain access to a FREE PDF version with an IIBA® membership.
To help you prepare for the exam review the following:
- Exam Day Information
- Certification Handbook
- Exam Blueprint
- Sample Questions
- Guide to Competency-Based Certification
Contact Certification Team
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org